At the end of the summer, Selkirk Park Pool is open to our K9 friends for the Annual K9 Swim and Splash. Check back in June 2020 for more information on the 2020 swim date!
Date: Late August, 2020
Time: 12:00 – 6:00 pm
Register your dog at the entry gate on the day of the event. This event is free for humans and dogs. We encourage a donation to the local Selkirk shelter and we will accept dog food, treats and new toys. The K9 Swim and Splash is open to dogs of all sizes.
The City of Selkirk requires all our canine visitors to be vaccinated for rabies, distemper, parvo and Bordetella. Proof of vaccinations must be submitted when registering your canine. Dog tags are not sufficient.
- You are responsible for your dog and its behavior while in the pool, including your dog’s interaction with other dogs.
- For the safety of all dogs visiting the pool & splash pad, The City of Selkirk requires all our canine visitors to be vaccinated for rabies, distemper, parvo and Bordetella. Proof of vaccinations must be submitted when registering your canine. (Dog tags are not sufficient)
- Please attend to your dog at all times. There is no doggy lifeguard so this is especially important while your dog in in the water.
- Dog must be on a leash while outside the gated pool area.
- Each dog must be accompanied by an adult handler age 18+.
- No human swimming!
- No food or treats inside the pool area.
- Incontinent dogs are not permitted in the pool area for health reasons.
- No dogs in heat.
- Clean up after your dogs. Poop bags are provided.
- No muddy dogs in the pool. A rinse hose will be provided.