When the Selkirk Park Pool & Splashpad closes to the public at the end of August, it goes to the dogs – literally! The City of Selkirk invites your furry friends to come for a dip to close out the season.
- You are responsible for your dog and its behaviour while in the pool, including your dog’s interaction with other dogs.
- For the safety of all dogs visiting the facility, The City of Selkirk requires all our canine visitors to be vaccinated for Rabies, Distemper/Parvo (DA2PP) and Bordetella. Proof of vaccinations must be submitted at the gate upon arrival (Dog tags are not sufficient).
- Please attend to your dog at all times. There is no doggy lifeguard so this is especially important while your dog in in the water.
- Dogs must be on a leash while outside the gated pool area.
- Each dog must be accompanied by an adult handler age 18+.
- No human swimming!
- No food or treats inside the pool area.
- Incontinent dogs are not permitted in the pool area for health reasons.
- No dogs in heat.
- Clean up after your dogs. Poop bags are provided.
- No muddy dogs in the pool. A rinse hose will be provided.