Inside beautiful Selkirk Park surrounded by mature trees, manicured grass, and a sandy beach is a one-of-a-kind 110 by 95-metre pool that holds about 5 million litres of water! With a paved bottom and a measure, gradual dept. increase of 1.5 metres, Selkirk Park Pool offers swimmers a unique experience. In 2012, the City of Selkirk added an 18-feature, Splash Pad, adjacent to the swimming pool! Click the titles below to learn more.
Facility Status: Pool & Splash Pad is CLOSED for the season, effective Aug 30, 2022.
Note, no swimming when poor weather is present (thunder, lightening, heavy rain)
Registration for 2023 swimming lessons will open in April 2023.
Selkirk Park Pool & Splash Pad CLOSED for the season. (effective Aug 30, 2022)
Important 2023 Dates:
- Swimming lesson registration: Opens at 10:00 am on April 18, 2023
- Pool opens for the season June 24, 2023
- Last day to swim: Sunday, August 27, 2023
- K-9 Swim & Splash: August 28, 2023
The pool is open daily from 12:00 – 8:00 pm (weather permitting).
All dates and times are weather dependent. We do NOT provide refunds due to poor weather/cancelled swim times.
An outdoor pool may be closed throughout the day if any of the following conditions arise:
- The weather turns to thundershowers during the day.
- Lightning and/or thunder are present.
- Water, electricity, access to a phone for emergencies, first aid kit or washroom facilities are not available.
- Foreign material, such as glass, fecal matter, vomit, animals or blood, is found in the pool water
- Pool water clarity or quality does not meet Manitoba Public Health Act standards.
Payment Methods: Debit, Credit & Cash accepted
Residents: Public swim admission is Free for residents of Selkirk! Residents must show proof of residency in order to receive free entry (Manitoba Health Card, Driver’s License, etc.)
Non-Resident Daily Admission Rates
Children (3 and under) Free
Youth or Senior (65+) $4.35
Family (2 adults, 3 kids) $21.50
*Rates do not include GST
Non-Resident Season Passes
Season Passes valid during regular public swim times only. Special events not included.
Family Season Pass (2 adults, 3 children) $260.00
Youth or Senior (65+) Season Pass $43.00
Adult Season Pass $69.00
- Children 7 and under must be “Within Arm’s Reach” of parent/guardian at all times.
- Children 8 to 11 years old require an adult in the fenced area of the pool at all times.
- Youth 12 and up are allowed in the facility without an adult.
- For your safety, pool staff shall be obeyed at all times.
- There is NO DIVING in our pool, at any time.
- Swimmers must have a cleansing shower before accessing the pool.
- No glass containers and food are permitted in the fenced area.
- Pool toys are permitted in the water at the discretion of pool staff as a pool staff before you enter the water.
- Large floaties will not be permitted as they block a lifeguard’s view of the water.
- No person shall engage in hazardous play.
- City of Selkirk programs shall be given entry priority.
- Pool activities will remain suspended until thirty minutes after the last spotting of lightening/and or thunder.
- No pets permitted in fenced area, unless a designated service animal.
- No smoking, vaping or alcohol is permitted inside fenced area.
- Persons with communicable diseases, open sores, eyes or nose infections will not enter the pool.
- Patrons shall not bring glass objects into the change rooms or inside the fenced pool area.
- Buoyant aids, toys, goggles, masks, lawn chairs ect. are permitted but are at the discretion of the lifeguards.
- Bicycles are not permitted inside the fenced enclosure.
- Disorderly patrons who violate a pool rule, regulation, or City of Selkirk by-law may be removed from Selkirk Park.
- Alcohol is not permitted inside the fenced area.
- Snacks and other items may be consumed on the beach. Please do not bring glass. We ask all patrons to clean up after themselves and use the trash receptacles provided.
- BBQ’s and other appliances are not permitted.
- Smoking and vaping are strictly prohibited within the fenced area of the pool. Patrons are asked to move to 15 meters outside of the pool gate and surrounding fence.
- Swimmers may not climb or hang on any lifeguard stand.
- No hanging off of and climbing on the lifeguard chair in the centre of the pool.
- Appropriate swim attire must be worn at all times.
- Those not fully toilet trained or prone to accidents are asked to wear a swim diaper, designed for use in the pool.
- The City of Selkirk is not responsible for any lost or stolen items. We recommend you do not bring valuables with you.
Our splash pad is located inside the gated pool area.
Regular admission rates apply and grant access to both the pool & splash pad.
Q1: Are there lockers, changerooms and showers at the pool?
At this time we have bathrooms, changerooms and showers. However, we do not have any public lockers. We encourage you to leave items you do not need at home or in your vehicle.
Q2: Am I allowed to take videos, picture, post to social media, etc while at the pool?
You may take photos and/or videos while at our facility. However, we ask that you ensure no other swimmers/persons are in the photo or video. This is to ensure the privacy of others that may be at the pool. In some circumstances, staff may ask you not to take photos/video All pool staff have the right ask you to stop or delete any photos/videos.
If you do post a photo to social media of you enjoying your time at the pool, be sure to the City of Selkirk!
Q3: Do we have to pay to use the Splash Pad?
Our Splash Pad is located inside our fenced area. If you are not a resident of the City of Selkirk, you will need to pay to enter. This grants you access to both the pool and splash pad areas. All residents of the City of Selkirk have free entry to the facility.
Looking to have a birthday party or group gathering at our pool & splash pad? Group bookings are a great way to reserve and guarantee your entry into the facility! Group bookings take place during regular operating hours, but ensures there is space and enough lifeguards for your group to attend.
Group Booking Details
- Group bookings are considered 10 or more swimmers.
- Safety is our primary concern. The Lifeguard’s decision is final. During public swim and booking times the lifeguards’ job is to guard the pool and react to any emergency that might arise. Parents and caregivers/supervisors are responsible for supervising and monitoring behavior of children and youth. (see supervision requirements in form).
- The group shall enter as a whole group at the start time of the booking.
- The group contact shall check-in with Pool Supervisor prior to entry into the pool.
- Late groups may not be admitted entrance if after 30 minutes of booking start time.
- This is a “glass-free” facility. Glass containers of any kind must be left in your vehicle. BBQ’s or electric appliances are NOT permitted.
- We permit PFDs and lifejackets in during public swim and rental times. PFDs can be borrowed however, you are
encouraged to bring your own as our supply is limited.
- All group booking requests must be booked in advance. Otherwise entry is not guaranteed.
- During bookings, we require payment for all non-resident parents and caregivers/supervisors going into the water as well as those supervising on deck. City of Selkirk residents receive free admission (proof of residency required).
- Pool toys are only permitted in the water at the discretion of pool staff. Please ask permission if you plan to bring toys. Large floaties will not be permitted,
- Pool activities will remain suspended until thirty minutes after the last spotting of lightening/and or thunder. There will be no refunds in the event of poor weather.
- No pets permitted in facility or fenced area. Service animals are an exception to this rule.
- No smoking, vaping or alcohol is permitted inside fenced area.
- All non-residents shall be charged entry into the facility. City of Selkirk residents have free access into the facility. Proof of residency is required upon entry.
- Groups of 30 and more will be charged an additional staff charge to provide additional lifeguard coverage for your booking. The charge is $40.00 during operating hours.
Group Booking Supervision Requirements
- For group booking, children ages 14 and under and those requiring assistance must be within arm’s reach of a parent or caregiver/supervisor at all times while in the water. Please see “Supervision Requirements” chart in the booking form for the number of caregivers needed on deck.
- Supervising individuals must be 14 years of age or older.
Click Here to access our 2023 Group Booking Form. Send completed forms to: [email protected]
Note: Bookings are not final until reviewed and confirmed by the City of Selkirk.
Located inside Selkirk Park
486 Eveline Street, Selkirk, MB R1A 1E6
204-785-4900 (September – June)
204-785-4961 (July and August)