The Selkirk Park Pool + Splashpad will be opening July 11.
Inside beautiful Selkirk Park is a one-of-a-kind 110 by 95 metre pool that holds about 5 million litres of water! Surrounded by sand and grass with a gradual depth increase to 1.5 metres Selkirk Park Pool offers swimmers a unique experience. In 2012, the City of Selkirk added an 18-feature, Splash Pad, located adjacent to the swimming pool!
There will be several changes and restrictions put in place as required by the Province of Manitoba and as per legal consultation for the safe operation of the pool during the COVID-19 pandemic. While we understand that some of these measures may seem restrictive, safety in this situation is paramount. Manitobans are among the few provinces that have the opportunity to enjoy pool activities this summer and as such we trust that patrons will be understanding, patient and abide by the changes that have been put into place.
Pool Rules (In addition to COVID regulations)
- Children 7 and under must be “Within Arm’s Reach” of parent/guardian at all times.
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult in fenced area.
- Youth 13 and up are allowed in the facility without an adult.
- For your safety, pool staff shall be obeyed at all times.
- No person with a communicable disease or having open sores on their body shall enter the water.
- No glass containers and food are permitted in the fenced area.
- Pool toys are permitted in the water at the discretion of pool staff.
- No person shall engage in hazardous play.
- City of Selkirk programs shall be given entry priority.
- Pool activities will remain suspended until thirty minutes after the last spotting of lightening/and or thunder.
- No pets permitted in pool area.
- No smoking, vaping or alcohol is permitted inside fenced area.
- Pool entry gate shall be closed when patron load has reached capacity.
Hours and Rates
12:00 – 3:30pm and 4:30 – 8:00pm 7 days a week
A one-hour mid-day closure will occur from 3:30 – 4:30 daily for facility cleaning. All patrons must vacation the premises. Admission fees will be in effect for patrons returning after the closure.
City of Selkirk Residents – Free with proof of residency
Non-Residents Daily Rates:
- $5/person, Children 3 and under FREE
Non-Resident Seasonal Rates
- Family $85.00
- Adult (18 and over) $53.00
- Youth (17 and under) $36.00
- Senior (65 and over) $36.00
New COVID regulations in affect this year
Guests will be screened at the entrance and MUST meet the follow criteria to be permitted entry in to the pool:
- All patrons will be asked to present ID (Driver’s License or MB Health card) and will be asked screening questions before being permitted to enter the pool. Youth age of 13+, permitted to attend without a guardian, may present a copy of the family MB Health card (on phone or paper copy) as identification. For contact tracing purposes staff will be taking a picture of your identification. These photos will be deleted after 30 days.
- Patrons experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms will not be permitted entrance into the pool. Symptoms include cough, headache, fever/chills, sore throat, shortness of breath/breathing difficulties, loss of taste or smell.
- Patrons will not be permitted entry if they have knowingly been exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- Patrons will not be permitted entry if they have travelled outside of Manitoba in the last 14 days, excluding travel to western Canada, the Territories or Ontario west of Terrace Bay.
- Children (ages 12 and under) must be accompanied by their legal guardian(s) from the same household or primary childcare provider (licensed or unlicensed day care, day camp, family member, etc.).
We anticipate that the screening process will be slow and that lines may form. Please understand that these steps are required to operate the pool during a pandemic and your patience is required. Staff will do their best to collect the information required as efficiently as possible however if lines form because of the process staff should be treated in a respectful manner or guests maybe denied entry. To reduce wait time, please have identification ready at entrance.
Pool attendants (staff in green shirts) will be present to monitor and enforce the Province of Manitoba physical distancing requirements. All patrons must maintain a physical distance of 2 meters from other patrons while in the facility, except for members of the same household.
All patrons will be assigned a section on the beach and asked to remain in those areas to ensure that they are appropriately distanced from their neighbors on the beach. Patrons can swim in all parts of the pool unless otherwise noted. Those in your assigned area should be members of the same household only. Exception to this would be patrons who arrive as individuals may be assigned to an area with someone else with the expectation that you would remain at opposite ends of the assigned area and practice physical distancing. As these areas will be outline with bright yellow rope, we advise patrons to pay attention when navigate the beach so as to not trip.
As the provincial re-opening plan moves forward there is a possibility that regulations may change to adapt to new COVID-19 pandemic events. We will do our best to keep patrons informed about changes that would affect the pool. The most up-to-date information will be shared on the Selkirk Park Pool page at myselkirk.ca and on the City of Selkirk social media feeds
Showers in the change rooms will be closed.
Due to COVID-19 2020 swimming lessons at the Pool + Splashpad are cancelled this year.
For lessons for Swim Kids Level 4 and up, or other aquatic programming please visit the Selkirk Community Pool website. Please note that Selkirk Community Pool is operated by Lord Selkirk School Division.
Selkirk Park Pool & Splash Pad
Phone: 204-785-4961 (July and August)