The City of Selkirk’s after-school program is a free program for residents of Selkirk currently in Kindergarten – Grade 6, running weekdays from 3:30-5:30 pm. This supervised program provides school-aged children with safe after-school care, a healthy snack, outdoor activities, fun games and so much more! At the program, participants will socialize, complete homework, play with friends and be physically active outside of regular school hours.
Mondays & Wednesdays: Centennial School & Daerwood School
Tuesdays & Thursdays: Robert Smith School & Ruth Hooker School
Fridays: École Bonaventure
Those already registered for session 1 do not need to re-register for session 2. Some new spaces may become available for session 2.
Program Dates & Location:
Session 1: October 16 – December 15, 2023.
Session 2: January 15 – March 15, 2024
Program Time: 3:30-5:30 pm
Note: This program does not run on In-Service Days (instead register for our In-Service Camp Awesome Days) or snow/weather closure days.
Cost: Free – City of Selkirk residents ONLY. Proof of residency is required at checkout. Those residing outside the City of Selkirk will not be permitted to register.
For questions about the after-school program, please reach out to the City of Selkirk, as this program is organized by the City and not the school’s directly.
If a child exhibits symptoms consistent with cold or flu, the child should remain home. Children with symptoms will NOT be allowed at the program.
Any child, parent, staff or visitor must NOT enter the program space if they are sick, even if symptoms resemble a mild cold.
Children who develop symptoms at the program will be asked to be picked up by the parent/guardian. They cannot return to the After School program until symptoms have resolved for at least 24 hours.
Staff will perform frequent thorough cleaning every day, using routine practices that follow regulations for cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting. Frequently touched objects and surfaces will be cleaned and disinfected numerous times throughout the day.
By choosing to register for this program, you understand that certain risks are inherent to participation in sports and recreation activities. Those that participate in these program agree to the following:
- I/we the undersigned, hereby acknowledge that certain risks of injury are inherent to participation in sports and recreational activities. These types of injuries may be minor or serious and may result from one’s actions or in-actions of others or a combination of both.
- I/we understand that the rules and regulations are designed for the safety and protection of participants and hereby undertake to abide by these rules and regulations.
- I/we understand that certain activities require a minimum level of fitness and health (physical, mental and emotional) and that each person has a different capacity of participating in these activities.
- I/we agree to allow my child to participate in off-campus field trips that may require the use of public transportation.
- I/we agree that the City of Selkirk and/or its employees, servants or agents shall not be liable for any injury to any
person or loss or damage to personal property arising from, or in any way resulting from, my or my child’s participation in these activities, unless such injury, loss or damage is caused solely by the negligence of the City or its employees, servants, or agents while acting.
- I/we agree that we have read and understood the above Informed Consent Agreement in its entirety and hereby consent to participate acknowledging all the foregoing.