Discover what it takes to be a lifeguard. This program introduces you to lifesaving techniques and first aid skills. You will also gain experience in accident prevention and dealing with the public. Participants must be able to swim 50 metres and tread water for one minute. Junior Lifeguard Club is for quick learners, those between levels or programs who thrive in an energetic learning environment. Ages 10-15 years.
Note: This program does not certify participants to be a certified lifeguard.
Dates: Tuesdays July 4-August 22, 2023
Times: 6:30-7:30 pm
Location: Selkirk Park Pool (inside Selkirk Park)
Ages: 10-15 years. Participants must be able to swim 50 meters and tread water for one minute.
Cost: Non-resident = $105.00 +GST ; Resident = $85.00 + GST
Residents of the City of Selkirk receive a discounted rate on City operated programs. Discount will apply at checkout.
Cancelled due to low registration.
What to Bring: Each participant should bring a labeled water bottle, one piece bathing suit, towel, sandals/flipflops and any personal/ medical items that are required for participation.
All participants are asked to screen prior to attending the program. Click HERE to view screening information.
Anyone experiencing Covid-19 symptoms are asked to stay home and not attend programming.
By choosing to register for this program, you understand that certain risks are inherent to participation in sports and recreation activities. Those that participate in these program agree to the following:
- I/we the undersigned, hereby acknowledge that certain risks of injury are inherent to participation in sports and recreational activities. These types of injuries may be minor or serious and may result from one’s actions or in-actions of others or a combination of both.
- I/we understand that the rules and regulations are designed for the safety and protection of participants and hereby undertake to abide by these rules and regulations.
- I/we understand that certain activities require a minimum level of fitness and health (physical, mental and emotional) and that each person has a different capacity of participating in these activities.
- I/we agree to allow my child to participate in off-campus field trips that may require the use of public transportation.
- I/we agree that the City of Selkirk and/or its employees, servants or agents shall not be liable for any injury to any
person or loss or damage to personal property arising from, or in any way resulting from, my or my child’s participation in these activities, unless such injury, loss or damage is caused solely by the negligence of the City or its employees, servants, or agents while acting.
- I/we agree that we have read and understood the above Informed Consent Agreement in its entirety and hereby consent to participate acknowledging all the foregoing.
*Dates, times and locations are subject to change.