Selkirk’s 1.75 acre dog park is contained within a four-foot high chain link fence within the beautiful Selkirk Park. An afternoon in Selkirk Off-Leash Dog Park offers fun and a place to exercise the canine members of your family. The dog park provides a wonderful mix of trees, open space, benches, and bags available for owners to pick up dog waste and garbage cans for them to dispose of the bags.
By entering the Off-Leash Dog Park you are acknowledging and agreeing to abide by the rules.
- All dogs shall wear a visible dog license and identification tag.
- Dogs are the only “animal” permitted in the Off Leash Dog Park.
- Handlers must “scoop the poop” and fill any holes dug by dogs under their control. (doggy bags and receptacles on-site)
- Dogs must be under the control and in view of their handler at all times. Handlers must have possession of the dog leash at all times.
- Spiked collars are prohibited.
- Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Do not play fetch while other dogs are nearby as this can create aggression.
- Handlers must remove or muzzle dogs displaying aggressive tendencies.
- Handlers are limited to a maximum of three dogs.
- Female dogs in heat are prohibited.
Anyone entering the Off Leash Dog Park does so at their own risk. The City of Selkirk is not responsible for the safety of persons and/or dogs while in the Park, and shall not be liable to anyone for any injuries or damage suffered by any person or dog while in the Off Leash Dog Park. Handlers are responsible for any injuries caused by the dog(s) under their control.