The City of Selkirk is looking for a Senior Elections Official (SEO) to administer all aspects of the City of Selkirk Municipal election process in compliance with The Municipal Councils and School Boards Election Act. The SEO will be responsible for
- Establishing and maintaining an up-to-date voters list for the City.
- Accepting nominations and communicating impartially with candidates.
- Coordinating the counting of ballots and declaring of results.
- Working in cooperation with Lord Selkirk School Division Senior Elections Officer.
- Ensuring that election officials in the local authority carry out their duties with impartiality and in compliance with the legislation.
- Providing election officials with instructions necessary to administer legislation.
- Preparing and submitting all necessary reports before, during and after the Election.
For more information or to apply, visit the careers section of our website HERE