Over the past couple of weeks we have been receiving some of questions regarding Manitoba Avenue East and its progress.
Because of the important nature of this project and the impact it has on residents and local businesses, we wanted to provide an update on the project and projected timelines you can expect work to be finished by.
Our contractors are deferring some of the work until 2020 because of the long and unexpected delivery times of some of the items needed. This year the following will be completed:
- All road surface work. Final asphalt lift was completed on October 31.
- All sidewalks between Main and Eveline.
- The sidewalks from the South parking lot (on Clandeboye Ave.) to Manitoba Ave.
- All paving stones on Manitoba Ave (both sides).
- All bike paths.
- All curb and gutter works.
- All drainage works.
- All electrical wiring.
- All bases for the lighting.
- New traffic lights at Main and Manitoba will be up by mid-December – Flow of traffic will stay one-way until the new streetlights are up at Main and Manitoba.
Here’s what work will be deferred until 2020:
- New street and pedestrian lighting – New street lighting is now expected to arrive in January. Please note that the existing north side streetlights will remain until new lights are installed.
- The North pocket park (Between Studio 223 and Sheers).
- The North parking lot (behind the North pocket park).
- The East parking lot (beside Roxi’s).
- The South pocket park (Between Midtown Barbershop and MMF).
- Curb extensions on the west side Manitoba Ave. onto Main St.
The following aesthetical projects will also begin in Spring 2020 as planned:
- All benches will be installed.
- All planters will be installed.
- All fences will be installed.
- All avenue markers on each end of Manitoba Avenue.
- All sidewalk inserts.
- All landscaping (trees and shrubs) will begin once the bulk of construction is finished.