- This event has passed.
Earth Day Poster Contest
May 19 - May 31
The City of Selkirk invites youth in grades 1- 9 to participate in the 2021 Selkirk Earth Day Poster Contest! Participants will be judged on imagination, creativity and understanding of themes. Two winners from each category will be selected and will receive a City of Selkirk prize package. Deadline for submissions is Wednesday March 31st.
• Grades 1 – 3 Theme: Outdoor Activities in Selkirk (2 winners)
• Grades 4 – 6 Theme: Wise Water Use (2 winners)
• Grades 7 – 9 Theme: 2021 Earth Day Global Theme- Restore our Earth (2 winners)
General Contest Information:
• This contest is promote Earth Day in Selkirk and will be posted on the City of Selkirk Facebook page.
• Contest is open to youth in grades 1 – 9.
• All submissions MUST be received by Wednesday, March 31, 2021 by 4:30 pm in order to qualify. Submission are to be delivered to the City of Selkirk Civic Office – 200 Eaton Ave, Selkirk MB in the mail slot or scanned and sent to [email protected].
• A total of six winners will chosen. Winners will be contacted on April 7 and arrangements for the prizes will be made. The winning posters will be displayed on social media throughout April to promote Earth Day April 22.
General Contest Guidelines:
• All entries must be the original artwork of the participant and created by a single participant only.
• All submissions MUST include the participants information legibly typed or written on the back of the poster and include: the participants full name, grade, age, email and physical address.
• Maximum poster size is 11”x17” and must be hand-drawn. Acceptable mediums include: crayon, marker, pen, pencil, pencil crayon, paint, pastels, etc. Creativity is encouraged, however, please no digital media artwork, adhesives, stickers, glitter, or photo collage.