As we enter the holiday season with the Omicron variant expected to be transmitted at an unprecedented rate, we have decided to implement additional temporary safety measures listed below beginning Thursday, December 23rd 2021 at 4pm.
- City staff with the ability to work from home will be encouraged to do so.
- The Civic office will be closed to the public however we remind residents that all city services can be conducted online or over the phone. Should assistance be required please feel free to reach out to our Citizen Support Representatives.
- The Recreation Complex will return to 50% capacity for spectators.
- The outdoor rink will be opening soon and will remain open (weather depending) with benches outside however the Kin Centre will be closed.
- The utilities department will enter homes for emergent situations and final readings only. Residents are required to conduct a pre-screening prior to City staff entering their home. All other appointments will be rescheduled.
- Selkirk Transit and Mobility will return 50% capacity and socially distanced seating.
We remain committed to the health and safety of our community and our staff. We are continuously monitoring the situation and rate of infections and will re-evaluate our temporary safety measures prior to January 14th, 2022. At that time we will send out a Covid-19 community update.
For further information and to see our business continuity plan, please visit click here.
The reach a CitizenSupport representative please call 204-785-4900 or email [email protected]
For the current provincial health regulations please click here.