On Sunday, June 21, The Province of Manitoba will be moving forward with Phase 3 of their Restoring Safe Services Plan.
Starting Monday, June 22, we will be deescalating our COVID-19 Business Continuity Plan and Response Strategy (BCPRS) to Level II. We have made some additional changes to the BCPRS which you can view here.
Here are some key changes that will go into affect starting Monday, and some key services that have reopened over the past 3 weeks:
- The Civic Centre will open to the public, with strict rules in place to encourage social distancing. One customer can pay at the front desk, and another can wait inside the foyer. We ask everyone else to please stand two metres apart while they wait outside.
- The Culture, Recreation and Green Transportation and Operations buildings will still be closed to the public. All business can be done at the Civic Centre.
- Seasonal and Daily Boat Launch passes are now available and can only be purchased online.
- Campground bookings are available and can only be purchased online. New rules are set in place to stay aligned with public health orders.
- The city has worked over the last 3 weeks to develop online options for citizens to conduct their business. If you’re not sure your business can be done online or not, call CitizenSupport at 204-785-4900.
- Bookings for City Facilities (ball diamonds, picnic shelters, Banquet Hall, etc) are now being taken, provided the renters follow rules and public health orders.