Make fishing a part of your summer or winter vacation. The City of Selkirk, the Catfish Capital of North America, is a favourite site for Anglers and recreational fisherman abroad.
The Red River is known for producing catfish weighing more than twenty pounds in addition to more than one dozen other fish species.
- Fishing by boat is permitted anywhere on the Red River
- Boat launching is available in Selkirk Park
- Shoreline fishing along the Red River is permitted except for on the boat launching docks in Selkirk Park
- For more information on fishing in the area visit the Red River North Tourism website
- A fishing license is required for anyone over the age of 16 in Manitoba.
- See more information on the Manitoba Fishing Licenses and Regulations website
- A Please Craft Operator Card is Required to Operate a Power-Drive Watercraft in Canada.
- Everyone who operates a power-driven boat in Canada needs proof of competency — something that shows they understand the rules of the road and how to safely operate a boat. The most common proof of competency is the Pleasure Craft Operator Card. You can get one by passing an accredited boating safety test.
- Boaters can obtain their official Pleasure Craft Operator Card, commonly known as a Boating License or Boat Card), by successfully passing the BOATsmart! exam.
- Take Your Exam Online at Boat Smart Exam
- Learn More About Transport Canada Boating Safety