The City of Selkirk is a pet friendly community. Our By-law Enforcement Officers go to great lengths to keep our families safe and united and that includes our four-legged family members. If you have a missing or lost pet, please contact CitizenSupport at 204-785-4900 Monday-Friday between 8:30am and 4:30pm and they will assist you anyway they can!
After Hours Contact information is on the answering machine.
It is your responsibility to ensure that your dog has a valid dog license as per By-Law No. 5358
Dog licenses are FREE and provide the following:
- Access to the Selkirk Dog Park
- Peace of mind that your dog will be returned to you quickly and safely
- Cost savings: If your animal is found without a license you could face a fine
Obtaining a license from the City can now be done online!
Complete the license application or renewal below.
Alternatively, you can contact CitizenSupport at 204-785-4900 or your local vet clinic or animal hospital within the City that is designated by Council as a veterinary clinic or animal hospital eligible as a supplier of such licenses.
Please make sure to have the following information prior to calling:
- Your name, address and phone number
- Your pets name, date of birth, sex, spaye/neuter info, breed description, dominant, second and third colour (if applicable), tattoo number and location, medication info and current vet clinic.
Licenses are valid from January 1st through December 31st each year and are FREE.
Owners must produce evidence of a current rabies vaccination in order to obtain