Learn basic first aid skills today, and save a life tomorrow! Become certified through the Lifesaving Society in this 7.5-hour course. The Emergency First Aid course is for people who want a general knowledge of first aid principles and the emergency treatment of injuries. Skills taught include: victim assessment, rescue breathing, adult, child and infant CPR, AED use, choking, respiratory and circulatory emergencies such as heart attack and stroke, bone and joint injuries, burns, medical/legal aspects and how to deal with external bleeding.
This course meets legislation requirements for provincial/territorial worker safety and insurance boards and includes the latest first aid and CPR guidelines. A 3-year certification in Emergency First Aid and CPR Level-C will be awarded upon successful completion of this course. Automated external defibrillator (AED) training and certification is also included in this course.
Registration opens September 12, 2023, at 10:00 AM.
Dates/Times: December 2, 2023 – 9:00-4:30 pm
Location: 630 Sophia St, Selkirk.
Age Range: 12 years +
Cost: Resident $104.70 + GST
Non-resident $119.70 + GST
Proof of residency will be required upon registration. Course price includes Canadian First Aid Manual.
Equipment/Supplies: Participants should bring a pen and notebook to the course. Canadian First Aid Manual is required for the course, this will be provided at the course, purchase of the manual is included in the registration fee.
This course is now full. To be placed on the wait list, please contact Citizen Support .
Please note start date, time and location of this program. You will be contacted only if the course is cancelled (due to insufficient registrants) or details have changed.
- For courses cancelled due to insufficient enrollment registered participants will be notified by email and money refunded in full.
- A full refund will be issued for any program cancelled by the City of Selkirk. Participants will be notified by email of any program cancellations or changes.
- If a registrant withdraws from a program 5 or more business days before the start of the program, they may receive a full refund minus a $15.75 administration fee. Refunds after this date are subject to the discretion of the Director of Culture, Recreation and Green Transportation. Request for refunds must be in writing (email).
- NSF cheques will be charged a $40.00 fee.
- No refunds will be issued for any participants that have been asked to leave a class or program.
- Individual classes during a program may be cancelled due to circumstances beyond our control (Ex: bad weather). Make-up classes will be offered when possible but are not guaranteed.
All participants are asked to screen prior to attending the program. Click HERE to view screening information.
Anyone experiencing Covid-19 and/or cold or flu symptoms are asked to stay home and not attend programming.
By choosing to register for this program, you understand that certain risks are inherent to participation in sports and recreation activities. Those that participate in these program agree to the following:
- I/we the undersigned, hereby acknowledge that certain risks of injury are inherent to participation in sports and recreational activities. These types of injuries may be minor or serious and may result from one’s actions or in-actions of others or a combination of both.
- I/we understand that the rules and regulations are designed for the safety and protection of participants and hereby undertake to abide by these rules and regulations.
- I/we understand that certain activities require a minimum level of fitness and health (physical, mental and emotional) and that each person has a different capacity of participating in these activities.
- I/we agree to allow my child to participate in off-campus field trips that may require the use of public transportation.
- I/we agree that the City of Selkirk and/or its employees, servants or agents shall not be liable for any injury to any
person or loss or damage to personal property arising from, or in any way resulting from, my or my child’s participation in these activities, unless such injury, loss or damage is caused solely by the negligence of the City or its employees, servants, or agents while acting.
- I/we agree that we have read and understood the above Informed Consent Agreement in its entirety and hereby consent to participate acknowledging all the foregoing.