Learn basic first aid skills today, and save a life tomorrow! Become certified through the Lifesaving Society in this 7.5 hour course. Emergency First Aid course is for people who want a general knowledge of first aid principles and the emergency treatment of injuries. Skills include: victim assessment, rescue breathing, adult, child and infant CPR, AED use, choking, respiratory and circulatory emergencies such as heart attack and stroke, bone & joint injuries, burns, medical/legal aspects and how to deal with external bleeding.
This course meets legislation requirements for provincial/territorial worker safety and insurance boards and includes the latest first aid and CPR guidelines. 3-year certification in Emergency First Aid and CPR Level-C. Automated external defibrillator (AED) training and certification is also included in this course.
Prerequisite: Ages 12 years+. Participants should bring the following supplies with them: pen, notebook.
CANCELLED DUE TO LOW REGISTRATIONS
Dates/Times: October 15, 2022 – 9:00-4:30 pm
Location: Selkirk Recreation Complex Banquet Hall
Age Range: 12 years +
Cost: Resident $85.00 + GST
Non-resident $100.00 + GST
Proof of residency will be required upon registration.
Equipment/Supplies: Participants should bring a pen and notebook with them to the course.
Covid-19 Precautions – At this time, all City of Selkirk Program participants are required to wear face masks while indoors, during program time.
Please note start date, time and location of this program. You will be contacted only if the course is cancelled (due to insufficient registrants) or details have changed.
- For courses cancelled due to insufficient enrollment registered participants will be notified by email and money refunded in full.
- A full refund will be issued for any program cancelled by the City of Selkirk. Participants will be notified by email of any program cancellation or changes.
- If a registrant withdraws from a program 5 or more business days before the start of the program, they may receive a full refund minus a $15.75 administration fee. Refunds after this date are subject to the discretion of the Director of Culture, Recreation and Green Transportation. Request for refunds must be in writing (email).
- NSF cheques will be charged a $40.00 fee.
- No refunds will be issued for any participants that have been asked to leave a class or program.
- Individual classes during a program may be cancelled due to circumstances beyond our control (Ex: bad weather). Make up classes will be offered when possible but is not guaranteed.
All participants are asked to screen prior to attending the program. Click HERE to view screening information.
Anyone experiencing Covid-19 and/or cold or flu symptoms are asked to stay home and not attend programming.
At this time, all City of Selkirk staff are required to wear face masks while indoors, during program time. Participants may choose to wear one if they prefer.
By choosing to register for this program, you understand that certain risks are inherent to participation in sports and recreation activities. Those that participate in these program agree to the following:
- I/we the undersigned, hereby acknowledge that certain risks of injury are inherent to participation in sports and recreational activities. These types of injuries may be minor or serious and may result from one’s actions or in-actions of others or a combination of both.
- I/we understand that the rules and regulations are designed for the safety and protection of participants and hereby undertake to abide by these rules and regulations.
- I/we understand that certain activities require a minimum level of fitness and health (physical, mental and emotional) and that each person has a different capacity of participating in these activities.
- I/we agree to allow my child to participate in off-campus field trips that may require the use of public transportation.
- I/we agree that the City of Selkirk and/or its employees, servants or agents shall not be liable for any injury to any
person or loss or damage to personal property arising from, or in any way resulting from, my or my child’s participation in these activities, unless such injury, loss or damage is caused solely by the negligence of the City or its employees, servants, or agents while acting.
- I/we agree that we have read and understood the above Informed Consent Agreement in its entirety and hereby consent to participate acknowledging all the foregoing.