The City of Selkirk’s after-school program is a free program for residents of Selkirk currently in Kindergarten – Grade 6, running weekdays from 3:30-5:30 pm. This supervised program provides school-aged children with safe after-school care, a health snack, outdoor activities, fun games and so much more! At the program, participants will socialize, complete homework, play with friends and be physically active outside of regular school hours.
Registration Dates: Registration opens for our fall programs on September 6, 2022 at 10:00 am. First come, first serve.
Program Dates & Location:
Session 1: October 17-December 16, 2022
Session 2: January 16-March 17, 2023
Program Time: 3:30-5:30 pm
Mondays: Daerwood School & Centennial School
Tuesdays: Ruth Hooker School & Robert Smith School
Wednesdays: Daerwood School & Centennial School
Thursdays: Ruth Hooker School & Robert Smith School
Fridays: Ecole Bonaventure
Note: This program does not run on In-Service Days (instead register for our In-Service Camp Awesome Days) or snow/weather closure days.
Cost: Free – City of Selkirk residents ONLY. Proof required at checkout. Those residing outside the City of Selkirk will not be permitted to register.
For questions about the after-school program, please reach out to the City of Selkirk, as this program is organized by the City and not the school’s directly.
Prior to camp arrival, all parents/guardians are asked to self-screen their child using the COVID-19 Screening Tool.
If a child exhibits any symptoms consistent with cold or flu, the child should remain home. Children with symptoms will NOT be allowed at camp.
Any child, parent, staff or visitor must NOT enter the camp space if they are sick, even is symptoms resemble a mild cold.
Children that develop symptoms at camp will be asked to be picked up by the parent/guardian. They will not be able to return to camp until symptoms have resolved for at least 24 hours.
At this time, masks will be required for all City of Selkirk employees. Participants may choose to also wear one if they prefer.
If possible, please only send one parent/guardian inside the facility to drop off the child at camp.
Staff will practice physical distancing to the extent possible, while still caring for children.
The camp area will be set-up to encourage physical distancing amongst staff and campers.
Children and staff will engage in frequent hand washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds when arrive to camp. Sanitization stations will also be available throughout the space.
Staff will perform frequent thorough cleaning every day, using routine practices that follow regulations for cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting. Frequently touched objects and surfaces will be cleaned and disinfected numerous times throughout the day.
By choosing to register for this program, you understand that certain risks are inherent to participation in sports and recreation activities. Those that participate in these program agree to the following:
- I/we the undersigned, hereby acknowledge that certain risks of injury are inherent to participation in sports and recreational activities. These types of injuries may be minor or serious and may result from one’s actions or in-actions of others or a combination of both.
- I/we understand that the rules and regulations are designed for the safety and protection of participants and hereby undertake to abide by these rules and regulations.
- I/we understand that certain activities require a minimum level of fitness and health (physical, mental and emotional) and that each person has a different capacity of participating in these activities.
- I/we agree to allow my child to participate in off-campus field trips that may require the use of public transportation.
- I/we agree that the City of Selkirk and/or its employees, servants or agents shall not be liable for any injury to any
person or loss or damage to personal property arising from, or in any way resulting from, my or my child’s participation in these activities, unless such injury, loss or damage is caused solely by the negligence of the City or its employees, servants, or agents while acting.
- I/we agree that we have read and understood the above Informed Consent Agreement in its entirety and hereby consent to participate acknowledging all the foregoing.