Dedicated to personal growth, we believe having self-esteem is the first step to becoming a leader. Our Youth Leadership Program combines leadership training, teamwork, self-government and volunteer placement to help build confidence – and connections. Volunteer placements include a variety of different places and tasks, such as assisting at our Camp Awesome Day Camps, assisting with Play Zone, working on youth led initiatives and volunteering at City of Selkirk special events (Canada Day, Waterfront Concerts, etc).
During the Wednesday evening development sessions, participants will learn and work on their leadership skills and teamwork, through games, activities and lessons. Throughout the summer, they can choose different initiatives they want to volunteer with. Youth may choose how frequently and how many hours they would like to volunteer. Commitment is flexible. Some youth may use their volunteer hours towards credit for school (Community Service SIP credit).
Dates: Development sessions run every other Wednesday, starting May 24, 2023. Dates: May 24, June 7, June 21, July 5, July 19, Aug 2, Aug 16, Aug 30, 2023.
Location: Kin Centre Building – 370 Jemima St.
Times: 6:00-7:30 pm
Ages: 12-17 years
Cost: Non-resident = $23.75, Resident = Free (discount applied at checkout) GST exempt
Registration: Opens April 18, 2023, at 10:00 AM
Registration is closed due to the program being at capacity, if you would like to be added to the waitlist, please e-mail [email protected]
All participants are asked to self-screen prior to attending the program. Click HERE to view screening information.
Anyone experiencing Covid-19 symptoms are asked to stay home and not attend programming.
By choosing to register for this program, you understand that certain risks are inherent to participation in sports and recreation activities. Those that participate in these program agree to the following:
- I/we the undersigned, hereby acknowledge that certain risks of injury are inherent to participation in sports and recreational activities. These types of injuries may be minor or serious and may result from one’s actions or in-actions of others or a combination of both.
- I/we understand that the rules and regulations are designed for the safety and protection of participants and hereby undertake to abide by these rules and regulations.
- I/we understand that certain activities require a minimum level of fitness and health (physical, mental and emotional) and that each person has a different capacity of participating in these activities.
- I/we agree to allow my child to participate in off-campus field trips that may require the use of public transportation.
- I/we agree that the City of Selkirk and/or its employees, servants or agents shall not be liable for any injury to any
person or loss or damage to personal property arising from, or in any way resulting from, my or my child’s participation in these activities, unless such injury, loss or damage is caused solely by the negligence of the City or its employees, servants, or agents while acting.
- I/we agree that we have read and understood the above Informed Consent Agreement in its entirety and hereby consent to participate acknowledging all the foregoing.
*Dates, times and locations are subject to change.