It’s that time of year again! The City of Selkirk is proud to welcome back the Play Zone for the 2023 summer season! The Play Zone is a FREE program that runs throughout July and August.. This program offers school- aged children (K-6) in the community with a structured and supervised environment to create friendships and learn new skills. The Play Zone promotes inclusion and fun for all abilities through a variety of planned activities. These activities include sport skill development, outdoor games and fun crafts. Activities will vary from week to week.
Dates: Every Tuesday and Thursday in the months July and August, starting July 4th.
Times: Session 1: 10:00-12:00 pm
Session 2: 1:00-3:00 pm
Participants can only register for one time slot per week.
Location: Kin Centre; next to the water tower (370 Jemima Street, Selkirk)
Ages: Kindergarten-Grade 6. Note: Must have been in kindergarten this year and have the ability to go to the washroom and play independently.
Pre-registration is required.
What to Bring: Each participant should bring a labeled water bottle, appropriate outdoor shoes, weather appropriate clothing for outdoor activities, mask (optional), and any personal/ medical items that are required for participation.
All participants are asked to screen prior to attending the program. Click HERE to view screening information.
Anyone experiencing Covid-19 symptoms are asked to stay home and not attend programming.
By choosing to register for this program, you understand that certain risks are inherent to participation in sports and recreation activities. Those that participate in these program agree to the following:
- I/we the undersigned, hereby acknowledge that certain risks of injury are inherent to participation in sports and recreational activities. These types of injuries may be minor or serious and may result from one’s actions or in-actions of others or a combination of both.
- I/we understand that the rules and regulations are designed for the safety and protection of participants and hereby undertake to abide by these rules and regulations.
- I/we understand that certain activities require a minimum level of fitness and health (physical, mental and emotional) and that each person has a different capacity of participating in these activities.
- I/we agree to allow my child to participate in off-campus field trips that may require the use of public transportation.
- I/we agree that the City of Selkirk and/or its employees, servants or agents shall not be liable for any injury to any
person or loss or damage to personal property arising from, or in any way resulting from, my or my child’s participation in these activities, unless such injury, loss or damage is caused solely by the negligence of the City or its employees, servants, or agents while acting.
- I/we agree that we have read and understood the above Informed Consent Agreement in its entirety and hereby consent to participate acknowledging all the foregoing.
*Dates, times and locations are subject to change.