Come on down to the Selkirk Recreation Complex each week for Public Skating!
Dates & Times:
- September 11 – 12:00-1:00 pm
- September 18 – 12:00-1:00 pm
- September 25 – 12:00-1:00 pm
- October 1 – 6:45-7:45 pm
- October 15 – 6:45-7:45 pm
- October 22- 6:45-7:45 pm
- October 29 – 6:45-7:45 pm
- November 3 – 12:00-1:00 pm
- November 10 – 12:00-1:00 pm
- November 17 – 12:00-1:00 pm
- November 24 – 12:00-1:00 pm
- December 1 – 12:00-1:00 pm
- December 8 – 12:00-1:00 pm
- December 15 – 12:00-1:00 pm
- December 22 – 12:00-1:00 pm
Dates and times are subject to change, please check here for up-to-date ice schedules. More times and dates to be posted once the Barn opens for the season.
Location: Selkirk Recreation Complex; please enter through the Player Entrance of the building.
Ages: All ages welcome. Children under 12 years of age must be supervised by a parent/guardian.
New Cost: Resident: $2.00 per person
Non-resident: $3.00 per person
Children 3 and under Free
Public skates are now monitored by program attendants for added safety and liability. This nominal fee will assist in covering the cost of providing an attendant.
Dressing room 4 has been assigned for skaters to use to put on skates.
Please do not leave any personal items in the dressing room. The City of Selkirk is not responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged personal items left unsupervised by owner.
Drop-in, no pre-registration required.
For you safety, the following rules are in place during public skating:
- Skating is not monitored, taking part in this activity is at your own risk.
- No nets, sticks, rings or pucks during public skating.
- We reserve the right to limit the number of skaters on the ice at one time.
- No food or drinks allowed on the ice.
- Strollers, sleighs, hockey sticks and footwear (other than skates) are NOT allowed on the ice surface.
- No throwing objects (elbow pad, gloves).
- No piggyback skating (including parents carrying their child).
- Penalty box, players’ benches are out of bounds.
- No dangerous skating (i.e. tag, crack the whip, fast skating, weaving through traffic, backwards skating, spins or figure skating).
- Cell phones are not to be used while skating, please leave the ice surface if you get a call.
- Youth under 12 must be accompanied by a caregiver or parent.
- We strongly recommend the use of a CSA-approved hockey helmet and cage for all ages.
All participants are asked to screen prior to attending the program. Click HERE to view screening information.
Anyone experiencing Covid-19 and/or cold or flu symptoms are asked to stay home and not attend programming.
At this time, all City of Selkirk employees are required to wear a mask. Participants may choose to wear one if they prefer.
By choosing to participate in this program/activity, you understand that certain risks are inherent to participation in sports and recreation activities. Those that participate in these program agree to the following:
- I/we the undersigned, hereby acknowledge that certain risks of injury are inherent to participation in sports and recreational activities. These types of injuries may be minor or serious and may result from one’s actions or in-actions of others or a combination of both.
- I/we understand that the rules and regulations are designed for the safety and protection of participants and hereby undertake to abide by these rules and regulations.
- I/we understand that certain activities require a minimum level of fitness and health (physical, mental and emotional) and that each person has a different capacity of participating in these activities.
- I/we agree to allow my child to participate in off-campus field trips that may require the use of public transportation.
- I/we agree that the City of Selkirk and/or its employees, servants or agents shall not be liable for any injury to any
person or loss or damage to personal property arising from, or in any way resulting from, my or my child’s participation in these activities, unless such injury, loss or damage is caused solely by the negligence of the City or its employees, servants, or agents while acting.
- I/we agree that we have read and understood the above Informed Consent Agreement in its entirety and hereby consent to participate acknowledging all the foregoing.