Fall in love with the practice of Yoga! This entry level class bring students to a place of relaxation and enrichment. Using traditional yoga poses, rhythmic and flowing movements and conscious breathing techniques, students can stretch and strengthen muscles, lubricate joints and bring a sense of calmness to the body and inner peace to the mind. All you need is your mat and water!
Wednesdays 5:30 – 6:30 pm
January 13 – March 17, 2021
Registration opens December 1, 2020
Age Range and Skill Level:
Resident $80.00 per session
Non-resident $96.00 per session
Proof of residency will be required upon registration
Minimum participants = 8
Maximum participants = 25
COVID Compliance Plan:
Facility Requirements and Access
- All program participants and visitors must self-screen before entering the facility.
- Everyone entering the facility must wear a mask.
- While waiting to enter the facility, all visitors must comply with physical distancing guidelines.
- Upon entrance, all visitors must use hand sanitizer.
- Program participants will be permitted entrance to Memorial Hall through 20 minutes before the start of the start of each class.
- The Program Instructor will complete a screening questionnaire with each program participant prior to participants moving into the exercise space.
- Water fountains will not be available, please bring a pre-filled water bottle.
- Please bring your own yoga mat.
- Program participants may remove mask when in their designated physically distanced spot in the room and when the class starts.
Sport/Activity Return to Play Details
The activity must always comply with the physical distancing, cleaning, sanitizing measures and recommendations issued by federal, provincial, and municipal government authorities.
Group sizes have been determined based on consultation with the Regional Provincial Health Inspector. Group sizes are limited to ensure that physical distancing measures can be followed.
Program participants, instructors, and program staff may not participate if they..
- Exhibit any COVID-19 symptoms, such as a fever, cough, difficulty breathing, or other symptoms identified by health experts. Please see the Government of Manitoba’s About COVID-19 page
- Have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- Travelled outside of the province in the last 14 days – Please see the current Government of Manitoba Phase for regulations pertaining to travel within Canada
- Travelled outside of Canada within the last 14 days
Instructors and program staff will..
- Encourage program participants physical distancing of 2 metres, recommended by government authorities.
- Put in place measures to limit physical contact between all participants.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available.
- Program participants encouraged to arrive prepared for the activity and dressed in exercise attire to reduce time in shared spaces such as bathrooms.
Government of Manitoba COVID-19 Website – https://www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/soe.html
Selkirk Recreation Complex, Return to Play Protocol – https://www.myselkirk.ca/parks-recreation/recreation-facilities/selkirk-recreation-complex/