This 6-week art program is designed for children to learn valuable fundamental knowledge and skills while exploring the world of art. Kids are encouraged to bring their own expressions, exercise their imaginations and have fun through challenging yet age-appropriate projects using paint on canvas. Classes will include getting started, knowing your brush, drawing, understanding colour, basic techniques, still life, landscape, animals, people portrait.
Mondays 6:30 – 7:30 pm
Session I (6 classes)
Oct 26 – Nov 30, 2020
Session II (6 classes)
January 11 – March 1, 2021
(No Class Feb 15th – Louis Riel Day)
Registration opens December 1, 2020
Selkirk Rec Complex Banquet Hall
Age Range and Skill Level:
Youth ages 5+
Resident $80.00 per session
Non-resident $96.00 per session
Proof of residency will be required upon registration
Minimum participants = 6
Maximum participants = 16
COVID Compliance Plan:
Facility Requirements and Access
- All program participants and visitors must self-screen before entering the facility.
- Everyone entering the facility must wear a mask.
- While waiting to enter the facility, all visitors must comply with physical distancing guidelines.
- Upon arrival, all visitors must use hand sanitizer.
- Program participants will be permitted entrance to the facility through the Banquet Hall 20 minutes before the start of the start of each class.
- The Program Instructor complete a screening questionnaire with each program participant at the start of each class.
- Water fountains will not be available, so if needed program participants may bring a pre-filled water bottle.
- Program participants must wear mask for the duration of the class.
Sport/Activity Return to Play Details
The activity must always comply with the physical distancing, cleaning, sanitizing measures and recommendations issued by federal, provincial, and municipal government authorities.
Group sizes have been determined based on consultation with the Regional Provincial Health Inspector. Group sizes are limited to ensure that physical distancing measures can be followed.
Program participants, instructors, and program staff may not participate if they..
- Exhibit any COVID-19 symptoms, such as a fever, cough, difficulty breathing, or other symptoms identified by health experts. Please see the Government of Manitoba’s About COVID-19 page.
- Have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Travelled outside of the province in the last 14 days – Please see the current Government of Manitoba Phase for regulations pertaining to travel within Canada.
- Travelled outside of Canada within the last 14 days.
Instructors and program staff will..
- Encourage program participants physical distancing of 2 metres, recommended by government authorities.
- Put in place measures to limit physical contact between all participants.
- Provide individual equipment (paint brushes, containers) will be provided to participants during classes and equipment should not be shared with other participants.
- All equipment used will be disinfected before and immediately after each session.
- Bathrooms are available and staff will encourage participants to periodically wash hands.
Government of Manitoba COVID-19 Website – https://www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/soe.html
Selkirk Recreation Complex, Return to Play Protocol – https://www.myselkirk.ca/parks-recreation/recreation-facilities/selkirk-recreation-complex/