A full body fitness class that includes exercises that will increase strength and muscular endurance to the upper, lower and core muscle groups. Exercises will utilize primarily body weight but may also include resistance bands or other fitness equipment. The class format will be based on timed work and recovery intervals with participants choosing additional recovery as needed. Participants will bring their own mats and water.
Tuesdays and Thursdays
6:30 – 7:30 pm
January 12 – March 4, 2021
April 6 – May 27, 2021
Registration opens December 1, 2020
Selkirk Rec Complex
Age Range and Skill Level:
Resident $130.00 per session
Non-resident $156.00 per session
Proof of residency will be required upon registration
Kathy Pregnall, Certified Fitness Instructor, MFC
Minimum participants = 8
Maximum participants = 18
COVID Compliance Plan:
Facility Requirements and Access
- All program participants and visitors must self-screen before entering the facility.
- Everyone entering the facility must wear a mask.
- While waiting to enter the facility, all visitors must comply with physical distancing guidelines.
- Upon entrance, all visitors must use hand sanitizer.
- Program participants will be permitted entrance to the Rec Complex through the Banquet Hall doors 20 minutes before the start of the start of each class.
- The Program Instructor will complete a screening questionnaire with each program participant before participants may move to the exercise space.
- Program participants may remove mask when in their designated physically distanced spot in the room and when the class starts.
Sport/Activity Return to Play Details
The activity must always comply with the physical distancing, cleaning, sanitizing measures and recommendations issued by federal, provincial, and municipal government authorities.
Group sizes have been determined based on consultation with the Regional Provincial Health Inspector. Group sizes are limited to ensure that physical distancing measures can be followed.
Program participants, instructors, and program staff may not participate if they…
- Exhibit any COVID-19 symptoms, such as a fever, cough, difficulty breathing, or other symptoms identified by health experts. Please see the Government of Manitoba’s About COVID-19 page.
- Have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Travelled outside of the province in the last 14 days – Please see the current Government of Manitoba Phase for regulations pertaining to travel within Canada.
- Travelled outside of Canada within the last 14 days.
- Water fountains will not be available, please bring a pre-filled water bottle.
- Participants must bring their own mats.
- Equipment will not be shared between participants.
- All equipment will be sanitized prior to and/or immediately following each class.
Instructors and program staff will…
- Encourage program participants physical distancing of 2 metres, recommended by government authorities.
- Put in place measures to limit physical contact between all participants.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available.
- Program participants encouraged to arrive prepared for the activity and dressed in exercise attire to reduce time in shared spaces such as bathrooms.
Government of Manitoba COVID-19 Website – https://www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/soe.html
Selkirk Recreation Complex, Return to Play Protocol – https://www.myselkirk.ca/parks-recreation/recreation-facilities/selkirk-recreation-complex/