Designed for players who are experienced in the game of hockey, this program improves fundamental on-ice skills and teaches proper technique in power skating, shooting, puck control, passing and receiving.
Full gear required (including CSA approved hockey helmet with full facial mask and neck guard).
Dates/Times: Wednesday mornings 7:15 – 8:15 am
Fall Session: October 25 – December 27, 2023. – Fall Session cancelled due to low registration.
Winter Session: January 10 – March 13, 2024. Registration opens December 5, 2023 at 10:00 AM.
Location: Selkirk Rec Complex
Ages: Youth ages 9-14 with prior skating experience
Cost: Resident = $135.00 per session; Non-Resident = $160.00 per session GST exempt
Residents of the City of Selkirk receive a discounted rate on City-operated programs. Discount will apply at checkout.
Prior to registering, please read the program agreement and refund policy tabs below.
By choosing to register for this program, you understand that certain risks are inherent to participation in sports and recreation activities. Those that participate in these program agree to the following:
- I/we the undersigned, hereby acknowledge that certain risks of injury are inherent to participation in sports and recreational activities. These types of injuries may be minor or serious and may result from one’s actions or in-actions of others or a combination of both.
- I/we understand that the rules and regulations are designed for the safety and protection of participants and hereby undertake to abide by these rules and regulations.
- I/we understand that certain activities require a minimum level of fitness and health (physical, mental and emotional) and that each person has a different capacity of participating in these activities.
- I/we agree to allow my child to participate in off-campus field trips that may require the use of public transportation.
- I/we agree that the City of Selkirk and/or its employees, servants or agents shall not be liable for any injury to any
person or loss or damage to personal property arising from, or in any way resulting from, my or my child’s participation in these activities, unless such injury, loss or damage is caused solely by the negligence of the City or its employees, servants, or agents while acting.
- I/we agree that we have read and understood the above Informed Consent Agreement in its entirety and hereby consent to participate acknowledging all the foregoing.
All participants are asked to screen prior to attending the program. Click HERE to view screening information.
Anyone experiencing Covid-19 and/or cold or flu symptoms are asked to stay home and not attend programming.
Please note start date, time and location of this program. You will be contacted only if the course is cancelled (due to insufficient registrants) or details have changed.
- For courses cancelled due to insufficient enrollment, registered participants will be notified by email and money refunded in full.
- A full refund will be issued for any program cancelled by the City of Selkirk. Participants will be notified by email of any program cancellations or changes.
- If a registrant withdraws from a program 5 or more business days before the start of the program, they may receive a full refund minus a $15.75 (GST included) administration fee. Refunds after this date are subject to the discretion of the Director of Culture, Recreation and Green Transportation for special circumstances only. Request for refunds must be in writing (email).
- NSF cheques will be charged a $40.00 fee.
- No refunds will be issued for any participants that have been asked to leave a class or program.
- Individual classes during a program may be cancelled due to circumstances beyond our control (Ex: bad weather). Make-up classes will be offered when possible but are not guaranteed.