Request for Proposal for the Removal of All Identified Dutch Elm Trees within the City of Selkirk
The City of Selkirk is accepting proposals to remove all elm trees identified by the Province as being infected with Dutch Elm disease throughout the City.
The term of this contract is for 3 years.
Your bid will be based on the current tree list supplied by the Province of Mb. Forestry Division of 388 trees of various DBH (diameter at breast height) ranges using a per tree cost.
The successful proposal will ensure the safe removal of all infected trees according to the specifications stated in this proposal:
• The lowest or any proposal will not necessarily be accepted.
• Increases in annual costs per tree for the contract term are to be clearly specified.
• The infected Elms in 2017 must be removed in the shortest amount of time on consecutive days with a clear start and completion date.
• All infected Elms in 2018 and 2019 of the contract will be removed as quickly as the Province can supply the City of Selkirk with their tagging information, but within 10 business days, to assist us with minimizing the spread of Dutch Elm disease within our community.
• Penalties may be imposed by the City for any trees having to still be removed after the agreed upon completion date.
• All trees are to be cut down cleanly as close as possible to the ground with all debris removed from site in accordance with the Forest Health Protection Act and Regulations.
• There is no guaranteed minimum number of trees for 2018 and 2019.
• The successful company will provide proof of liability insurance (minimum $2,000,000) and proof of all staffing qualifications.
• Indicate the sole contact person for the City of Selkirk for daily communication during the removal period when required.
• Three (3) References are to be provided.
• All companies are required to have a valid City of Selkirk business license for the duration of the contract.
• The successful company shall provide a detailed list of all machinery and equipment to be used to remove all trees within the City including specialized equipment required for tree removals within our golf course.
Proposals will be accepted until Thursday, September 21st, 2017 at 4:00 pm. All proposals, questions or concerns can be addressed through the Culture, Recreation and Green Transportation office located at 630 Sophia Street, Selkirk, Manitoba or emailed to: [email protected]
Criteria for Reviewing Proposals:
ITEM DESCRIPTION WEIGHT
A Annual Costs per Tree 30
B Work Timeline 30
C Machinery/Equipment 20
D Staff Qualifications 5
E Liability Insurance 5
F Selkirk Business License 5
G References 5