Due to this year’s volume, crews have will not be able to complete the Spring Clean-Up route by the end of today. Crews will work this weekend and into early next week if necessary to remove waste from curbside. For those residents who have not yet received service. Please leave your waste at your curb over the weekend and it will be removed as soon as crews are able.
- KEEP TREE BRANCHES, REGULAR GARBAGE AND LARGER ITEMS SEPARATE FROM EACH OTHER. TREES AND BRANCHES MUST BE BUNDLED INTO 3 FOOT LENGTHS WEIGHING LESS THAN 50 LBS. TREE TRUNKS MUST FACE STREET.
- FREON MUST BE REMOVED FROM FRIDGES AND PCB’S REMOVED FROM MICROWAVES. THESE APPLIANCES MUST BE TAGGED AS SUCH OR THEY WILL NOT BE PICKED UP.
- LIMIT OF 4 TIRES PER HOUSEHOLD
- NO DEMOLITION WASTE – NO CONSTRUCTION WASTE
- NO ELECTRONIC WASTE
Electronic Waste (e-waste) can be taken to R.E.R. (Responsible Electrinics Recycling) at 511 Robinson Avenue. MAP Call 482-2111 for hours and information
- NO HAZARDOUS WASTE (includes paint, used oil, antifreeze, etc.)
Used oil and antifreeze can be dropped off at the Eco-Centre located at the Waste Transfer Station MAP, call 785-4921 for hours and information.
Any other hazardous waste, including used paint can be taken to R.E.R. at 511 Robinson Avenue MAP , Monday to Friday 8 am – 5 pm
For additional information on this year’s Spring Clean-Up, please contact the City of Selkirk Operations Department at 204-785-4930