Annual Spring Clean-Up in Selkirk will take place from Monday May 23rd to Friday May 27th.
The City of Selkirk Operations Department along with Progressive Waste Management Inc. will pick up non-hazardous waste providing it is placed at curbside, by 8:00 a.m., on the day of your regular garbage pick-up.
Garbage cannot be put out prior to May 21st. Place all spring clean-up refuse at your curbside on your regular garbage pick-up day.
- PLEASE KEEP TREE BRANCHES, REGULAR GARBAGE AND LARGER ITEMS SEPARATE FROM EACH OTHER. TREES AND BRANCHES MUST BE BUNDLED INTO 3 FOOT LENGTHS WEIGHING LESS THAN 50 LBS. TREE TRUNKS MUST FACE STREET.
- FREON MUST BE REMOVED FROM FRIDGES AND PCB’S REMOVED FROM MICROWAVES. THESE APPLIANCES MUST BE TAGGED AS SUCH OR THEY WILL NOT BE PICKED UP.
- LIMIT OF 4 TIRES PER HOUSEHOLD
- NO DEMOLITION WASTE – NO CONSTRUCTION WASTE
- NO ELECTRONIC WASTE
Electronic Waste (e-waste) can be taken to R.E.R. (Responsible Electrinics Recycling) at 511 Robinson Avenue. MAP Call 482-2111 for hours and information
- NO HAZARDOUS WASTE (includes paint, used oil, antifreeze, etc.)
Used oil and antifreeze can be dropped off at the Eco-Centre located at the Waste Transfer Station MAP, call 785-4921 for hours and information.
Any other hazardous waste, including used paint can be taken to R.E.R. at 511 Robinson Avenue MAP , Monday to Friday 8 am – 5 pm
Please Note: Any refuse or tree branches placed at curbside after your collection day will be picked up by the City of Selkirk and the homeowner will be charged for the pick up.
Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.
For additional information, please contact the City of Selkirk Operations Department